Sheila Wherry is an executive coach and consultant based in Sydney, Australia. Her career has spanned 30 years across international sales management, coaching and consulting in Asia-Pacific, US and Europe.
She is a PCC credentialed coach of the International Coaching Federation and holds accreditations in various psychometric, evidence-based tools. With a masters in management and postgraduate qualifications in psychotherapy and executive coaching, she has taught a wide range of university classes, including strategic leadership (MBA level), organisational behaviour and conflict management.
Sheila works with leaders from a wide range of industry sectors and government departments, as well as owners of small to medium enterprises. Working with such a diverse range of people has cemented her belief that no matter what level of leadership or role you hold, the fundamental aspect of success and happiness is human connection. This is the foundation of her work.
She is the author of the book ‘The Pinnacle of Presence: How great leaders connect, instil trust and get the right results’, in which she outlines her approach to empower leaders to harness their potential, and the potential of their team.
- Delivery of various leadership coaching programs designed to develop women in senior positions
- Provision of multiple executive and senior level coaching programs for leaders across both public and private sectors
- Ran ‘Managing group assignments using emotional intelligence’ workshops and coaching for MBA students engaged at a leading Australian Post-Graduate University
- Engaged in executive coaching with leader who was subsequently named ‘Telstra and Marie Claire Young Business Woman of the Year 2012’ (6 months later)
- Lectured in ‘Dynamic Leadership’ on MBA course with Australian University
- Delivered various key note addresses on ‘Strategic Career Management & The Future of Work’
- Spoke at an EQ conference, Singapore on emotional intelligence in teams.
Expertise / Specialisation
- Leadership development
- Executive coaching
- Conflict management
- Active career management, executive presence and personal branding
- Women in leadership
- Emotional intelligence
- The Future of Work
- Resilience and well-being
- International Sales Management roles across Asia-Pacific, US & UK
- Sectors: Healthcare, technology and publishing
- Clients included: Abbott Vascular, Johnson & Johnson, Penguin Random House, Pan Macmillan
- University lecturer: Dynamic Leadership (MBA), coaching & supervision, conflict
- Lead Coach, Hudson Talent Management
Education / Business Coaching
- Masters in Management
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC) credential
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counseling and Psychotherapy; Academic Excellence Award
- Advanced Certificate in Executive Coaching
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment
- EQ-l 2.0 and 360 tools
- CINERGY® conflict coach certification
- Member of ICF